Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reading List-II

OK, the last one really helped, so here's another. I've got a whole mess of books waiting to be read, so this is going to be an aid sorting them out. For immediate attention, I have four, in the order I'm planning to read them:

Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry--Zombie terrorists. Nuff said.

Horns by Joe Hill--A guy wakes up from a night of drinking to find he's grown horns. (Really. That's all I need to hear--SOLD. Oh and it's written by Stephen King's son.)

Swan Song by Robert McCammon--Post-apocalyptic novel reminiscent of The Stand. I've heard a few things about this one.

They Thirst by Robert McCammon--Vampire horror based in LA.

After these, I have the Farseers Trilogy by Robin Hobb waiting to be finished (about 20% into Book 2). I've also begun River Of Gods and I'll definitely have to finish that eventually--Ian McDonald is my favorite science fiction author, period. Give him a try and you'll see why. I really need to get The Shining by Stephen King out of the way, too. Seen the movie a few times (incredible) and also the miniseries, and it's high time I find out how the book compares. And then there's the host of other Dark Tower-related novels I have to get to--Insomnia, etc. etc. But I suspect I'll be reading The Talisman and its sequel, Black House (written by Stephen King and Peter Straub) before I get around to those.

So. As you can see. Lots on my plate. But it's always helpful getting my thoughts down onto the screen.

Hope you have your nose buried in a book, too! Happy reading.

2 comments:

Karen Strong said...

I loved SWAN SONG. I've read it like three times. I may have to go find my dog-eared copy and read it again.

Joshua said...

That's it. I've been putting it off too long. I'm reading it next, as soon as I finish my current book.